Save the Dates:
State Arts Grant Info
The NW CT Arts Council hosted three information sessions for the State's arts grants in February 2017.
If you were unable to attend any of those sessions, here is some information that may be of interest.
WHO can apply for these grants? (2017 deadlines have passed for ALL BUT ARTS LEARNING ACCESS grants - rolling deadline)
- Artists who are proposing community or pulbic art projects
- Cultural organizations
- Historical Societies
- Municipalities and
- Venues that present cultural programming
The NW CT Arts Council wants our region to receive state arts grants, and for your applications to be a strong as possible. We are here to help, so contact us if you have questions.1. CT Office of the Arts - Grant Program Power Point Presentation
2. Grants-at-a-Glance PDF – REFER to this document before going to any of the Guideline links below.
3. Guideline links for 4 programs (All applications must be submitted through the on-line portal at https://coa.fluidreview.com/)
- Supporting Arts in Place operating grants (March 15, 2017 Deadline)
- Arts Learning grants (ACCESS GRANTS, rolling deadline; all others - March 15, 2017 Deadline)
- Regional Initiative grants (REGI) - (March 22, 2017 Deadline)
- Project grants (March 22, 2017 Deadline)
4. For Arts Learning Grants: Connection/Correlation category and Integration category – you must involve an artist from the CT Teaching Artists Directory
5. Application process for becoming a CT Teaching Artist
6. Connecticut’s Strategic Plan for the Arts - READI
7. Helpful Draft Worksheets for applying to:
- Regional Initiative Grant
- Project Grant
- Arts Learning – ACCESS
- Arts Learning – CONNECTION
- Arts Learning – INTEGRATION
IF YOU WANT SAMPLE BUDGET WORKSHEETS for a particular program, we have these upon request and feel they would be helpful.
- Be sure you are applying to the best program for your proposal.
- Be sure you ANSWER THE QUESTIONS in the application, really give them what they are seeking.
- Be sure to be convincing of the value of what you are seeking support for.
AND here are some other things of interest as well, that we mentioned.